Wednesday, December 9, 2009

another day, another vendetta

Day was pretty reasonable today. Got to meet a few of the guys from hostels which are not too far away. Damo from Cairns is down to show me what's what, and he also bought me lunch (arigato!). Later in the evening I met Oz from Rockhampton, who is THE MAN. We sampled a few of the Airlie Beach bars, one of which I can hear pumping into my room, which I also hope to not have the misfortune of ever entering again.

I played my first footbag up here today. "How's that hacky sack bloke ay"! I played by the side of the lagoon- at the beginning I was feeling rough, but I finished really strongly, hitting a bunch of 5 add tricks and finishing with a matador. After the kick I had a swim in the lagoon, a perfect ending as the sun was going down.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever