Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Canberra Live Music Inquiry

There has been an ongoing inquiry into live music in Canberra, I think it has been running for around a year, anyone can make a submission, through this link.

I have been reading a number of submissions, most of them are along the same lines of what I just submitted. I'm not sure what is happening with this committee, but hopefully the outcomes will be positive. Something unfortunate happened recently though, Julia Winterflood made a very good submission, but then also published it in the BMA, which is apparently against the rules of the inquiry. I will post what I had to say once the inquiry is complete.

I recommend anyone who has any interest in going to see any kind of band, should also make a submission.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever