The first day of 2011 it sounds like I've turned into a super keen fitness fiend. One of my resolutions was to exercise every day. However, we kicked things off well today.
Francisca and I walked up Mt Majura, then swam some laps at Dickson Pool. Just to complete the day, we kicked a soccerball around once it got a bit cooler in the evening.
I honestly couldn't tell you a top 10 of albums that came out in 2010, the quality just wasn't there, or I wasn't looking for it.
I did like
The Amity Affliction- Youngbloods
The Gaslight Anthem- American Slang
I Exist- I: A Turn For The Worse
Alexisonfire- Dogs Blood (EP)
How about a top 10 shows that I attended for the year...that will be easier to complete.
1. Polar Bear Club, Break Even, The Gifthorse @ Rosies, Brisbane
2. Polar Bear Club, Break Even, The Gifthorse @ The Fort, Brisbane
3. The Ghost Inside, Break Even @ Underworld, London (UK)
4. Machine Head, Hatebreed @ Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
5. 4 Dead, Hoodlum Shouts, Boonhorse @ Bar 32, Canberra
6. Ruiner, Hopeless, I Exist @ Bar 32, Canberra
6. Alexisonfire, Comeback Kid, Anti Flag @ The Forum, Sydney
7. Alexisonfire, Break Even @ UNSW Roundhouse, Sydney or The Palace, Melbourne
8. Dangers, Graf Orlock, 4 Dead, Vera @ Bar 32 Canberra
9. Slowburn last show @ The Jam Factory, Canberra
10. Elysian, Ignite The Ibex @ The Basement, Canberra
2010 was a great year personally, easily the best ever. 2011 will definitely be an adventure, a big year ahead. I should have a new issue of Capital Eyes in the next few days, with interview from Elysian and Yoko Oh No.