Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kathmandu

Well, not too much to report on, but I did something that I don't do very often when at home, which is go to the doctor. I didn't want to go immediately as I expected them to say, just get some Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation and don't put any heat on it.

So yesterday morning we caught a taxi for about one block or less and you know what, the guy didn't charge us any money. Should have taken down that driver's number. A rare specimen. So we hop along into the area for waiting and Francisca is busy sorting everything out. I wasn't doing too much, just sitting down doing some Sudoku. When I needed to go somewhere, they put me in a wheelchair and whisked me off. Within half an hour, I had seen a doctor, got an x ray, gone back to the same doctor and then got some medicine.

In Australia I would probably still be waiting outside the door. The good news was there was no fracture, great news actually as that would have been disastrous. He said I can't put 100% pressure on my foot for 5 days. This probably rules out any trekking adventures, but it should be better by the time we get to Thailand in just over a week. Let's see. As for Footbag, I guess I'll need to take a while off the game, but the rest could do me well.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever