Sunday, September 4, 2011

No more than shadows, to be forgotten

Well in some good news, I think I'm feeling a lot more like myself. My general days I like to be active, so in between a sprained ankle and hospital inducing abdominal pain, I haven't been able to be to active.

A little way off the beach where we are staying is a buoy with a red flag on it. At a guess I would say it's about 120-200m away. It's not a big swim but the whole time we've stayed it's proved too far away for me.

This morning once I got out of bed, that took some time to do, but I decided, right I'm going for a swim. I didn't actually have the plan to head out to the flag, but once I was a little way into the water, I decided, it's our last day in town, I should conquer this challenge. So I was glad to get out there. The good news is I am not feeling too much pain, the sun is up as well, so I have resumed my position overlooking the beach.

Today is our last full day in Koh Samui, so we are going to spend the afternoon doing an elephant trek. I guess a lot of these things I consider generally as too touristy, but the fact is, we are a long way from home. We are tourists. We're staying in a "resort" after all...


Here is a picture Francisca took yesterday. You can see the beach (Lamai) through my sunglasses.


This is a picture of me in the hospital. It sure was a big room. Getting some travel insurance sure proved to be a good investment. I'm not sure if we will be able to get any money back for buying our new flights, but maybe we can get something back for not being able to take the remaining flights in the trip.

We will be heading home and actually in just 4 days we will fly into Sydney. That's not very long at all. So I guess we have 5 weeks now in Australia before we move on to Chile. Our time will be split somehow between Bega/Canberra/Sydney, I honestly have no plans, we'll just see how it all pans out, hopefully I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever