Monday, October 17, 2011

Bienvenidos


So here we are, in Santiago. I honestly think it's going to take at least a week to get adjusted to the time difference and everything, but we've got plenty of time, we'll be around for two years after all!

Today mi amigo, Doug will arrive in town, pretty soon actually. He has the same combination of Emirates/LAN that I took. Emirates were pretty good, good to know for another flight that you can do things like bring your own USB and watch movies on the screen. I really didn't sleep enough of the flights over, probably only just over an hour in total.

We had a big family lunch upon arrival, and immediately after eating way too much food, I was feeling overly drowsy. Glad there weren't any more courses, I would have fallen asleep with my face straight into the meal. So I snuck off and got some rest for a little while. Will be interesting to see how Doug is feeling after doing the same flight. It was good to get that rest. I was up early this morning, that wasn't too surprising at all.

The photo from the top is the view from the apartment, where Francisca's mum lives. This is where we begin out Chilean life. You can't see it so well in the photos, but you can see the snow on the peaks of the Andes from here.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever