Monday, October 24, 2011

Choose Your Own Adventure

For one I my uni projects, I am designing a Choose Your Own Adventure style story. The idea is to make a young adult style project. I have spent some of my morning looking at similar projects. They are always fairly simple and you are defined as being a certain character.

I don't have too much experience in reading these stories, let alone writing them, but I have decided to do something that I think could be quite a bit of fun, and is something out of the ordinary for me. Most of the pieces I have written through the course are generally based on something within my own life. Not to say that some of the storylines won't borrow from my own life though!

The whole point of the story will be about the ideas of choice and chance. Some options will be defined by the user, while others will be up to chance- demonstrated by the roll of a dice, or the toss of a coin. This gives a bigger range of options. The stories I have read this morning, they were very limited in their options.


No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever