Monday, December 7, 2009

First day on the job

Today was my first day at Airlie as a worker. The current manager Mitch is still around so he's just showing me around his day to day tasks. The credit cards were not matching, so my first feeling of "I can do this"was when I spotted a payment for 26 cents, which should have been for $26.

Today passed fairly uneventfully. Did a bit of work on reception. I have the same feelings of when I first begun at Railway Square, things are similar in some ways, but quite different in other ways. Key deposits are a whole new concept for me to be dealing with, but we have actual keys here so I think that's fair enough.

I had a swim in the pool here in the hostel once I finished work. The pool is a great depth, maybe a little too warm, but constantly empty, which I can't understand at all. Not sure what's on for tonight. Apparently there is $10 all you can eat mexican, so I might hit that up. Muy bien!

Currently drinking a coopers sparkling. These were the same price as Tooheys New, which I think is ridiculous. Must be the import fees to bring them from so far away...



I have booked in a tour on the weekend, Ocean Rafting to Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island. I want to walk up one of the nearby mountains, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I would like to get a good overview from the top.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever