Friday, December 11, 2009




I have had a couple of footbag sessions while I've been up in Airlie Beach. I haven't filmed much stuff, and it's not really a good run at all, but it was more of a test run, I found a nice place to play by the lagoon, and a surface I can set up a camera on.




Hopefully I can get in a lot more shred, it's quite difficult with the heat and humidity. I played today at about 10am. Pretty heavy grey clouds had gathered, it looked like rain was a certainty. There's still no sign of rain yet. At my desk there seem to be ants all over the shop, I think the rains will be here soon enough. It's meant to be the wet season right now, but even in Cairns, the skies have not opened up as yet. They will be here soon enough, and that's not something I'm looking forward to. Something else I hope not to see is a "cyclone warning". We'll see how we go.

Tomorrow I'm going out my first trip out to the Whitsunday Islands. I'm going on the Ocean Rafting boat to Whitehaven Beach, this is also most people's first stop, it's renowned for it's white sand. I've heard it claimed as the whitest sands in the world, but apparently the World Record belongs to Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay. I'm really looking forward to the trip, it will be nice to get out adventuring.

If I go in the water I will definitely be donning a stinger suit. I don't like the look of any of these characters. I spend plenty of time in the domain of sharks, snakes, spiders and other suspicious animals that could easily kill me, but I've never felt worried about them, nor felt the need to wear a protective suit. This is a totally different story against these microscopic creatures that you can't even see!

Early night tonight. It's my first night in Airlie sans beer, which does not come cheap, so definitely a good thing.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever