Saturday, September 24, 2011

Farewell to my old home town

View from Pipers Lookout

I went back home this weekend. It will probably be the last time for a couple of years that I will visit Bega. A lot of times I would try and fit in a whole lot into a trip like this, but this was quite the opposite.

For one the weather was a bit rubbish, preventing much outdoor activity, and then I was feeling sick again with some pains, continuing on from my visit to hospital in Thailand. I am getting some tests, so we will see how that goes. Hopefully it's nothing too bad, but also hopefully the docs make sense of things.

Anyhow, it was nice to take it easy. As a whole heap of the family will be coming over for our second wedding, it won't be the last we will see of la familia. Dad has had an ongoing project to build a deck and he now claims it will be ready upon our return.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever