Sunday, October 24, 2010

Capital Letters- NGA Zine Fair

Sorry, but the image is really small, I haven't really seen any other pictures about the zine fair.

As a part of the Space Invaders street art exhibition, they are having a zine fair at the NGA. That's right, zine at the NATIONAL gallery. Kewl.

I'm going to be having a stall with my zine Capital Eyes. I am midway through preparations for my 10th issue, so hopefully I will get that done in time. I was going to say it's going to be a bit more personal, but it isn't really. A couple of the things in it will be reprints, but basically it's going to be a look at the recent trip I did to Sydney and Melbourne to see Alexisonfire and Break Even, and a bit of a reflection of the times I lived in those places and what I think about those bands.

Funnily enough, Capital Letters was an idea of a name I had for a zine when I was tossing around ideas in my mind. I wanted it to be Capital something, as it was a Canberra based zine, and Canberra is the capital. Another one that struck me was Capital Waste, the name of a garbage disposal company, but I thought people would think it would just be a waste.

I went with Francisca to check out the new galleries at the NGA yesterday. Definitely worth a look. I'm not really an expert on art, so I won't give it a review.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever