Sunday, July 24, 2011

When does the holiday begin?

Well technically it has begun already. On Friday I packed it in from the place I've worked for more than 3 years, then had a good party with friends from a pretty good spectrum of the years I've lived in Canberra....about 7 years in all. As much as Canberra gets written off, I have always had a pretty good time there and I will miss all these friends a lot.

To begin with, we're hitting the road in mainly South East Asia for two months. So since that party we have been packing up our things and cleaning up the house we've lived in for the last 4 months. 4 months isn't too long to live in a house, and it's not long to forget the memories of cleaning the previous place, so it hasn't been that exciting.

Today I drove down to Bega to drop a bunch of things with my parents, then tomorrow I will take the bus back to the capital. I guess once we finish the cleaning, we will be ready to go, ready for a holiday.

So here's a brief outline of where we are headed for the next couple of months.

  • Sydney
  • Gold Coast
  • Malaysia
  • India- fly into Mumbai then head north by train and bus to Nepal
  • Thailand- fly into Bangkok then head by train or bus to
  • Cambodia and Vietnam
We have 2 months so of course we won't be able to see everything we want to, or to completely experience all the places, but it will be a good chance to see what we like, then we can visit those places in the future. Francisca has never been to Asia and I have only really spent a few days in a couple of places.

So I'm pretty excited to be hitting the road and will try and post here reasonably regularly to give some updates about what we get up to.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever