Thursday, November 3, 2011

Canberra Music Inquiry submission- 2010

Last year in Canberra, there was a commission into what should be done about music in Canberra. I'm not really so sure anything came of the inquiry, but I had my two cents on the matter- can be read- http://www.parliament.act.gov.au/downloads/submissions/52%20Daniel%20Boyle.pdf.

Inside that story, pretty much sums up my time in Canberra. Of course venues close down in other cities all the time as well, but it seems that has always been the fight in Canberra, just having a regular place to play.

In other news, I applied for a job yesterday. The first time I have ever applied for a writing job. It is as Reporter for the website This Is Chile, which is run by the Santiago Times, an English language online newspaper. It would really be GREAT if I could get that job.

Another opportunity may have come up here as well. Helping a friend of ours with a conference in the Atacama Desert. If this one comes through it will be an amazing opportunity, both for me in my "career", and also as a travel opportunity too.

1 comment:

Jake Northey said...

all the best with the job hunt with that one dude. also the desert job would be awesome!

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever