Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Footbag interview

I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I have begun a new project, I am planning to interview Footbag players from around the world, at least one per week. I haven't really put all that much planning into it yet, so each week I will just pick someone I'm interested to talk to in the Footbag community, and see what's happening with them and what their thoughts on the Footbag world are.

This week I chose to go somewhere between Australia and Chile, and there is really only one active player in that region, Phil Morrison from New Zealand. The "Red Rocket".



Here is a video made from a few years ago, from some of Phil's visits to Australia. It was made by Ian Pritchard, a good friend of mine. It was part of the 2009 video contest at Worlds in Berlin. Phil and I shared a dorm with some other great guys that year.

You can read the interview on Shred Global here. I am keeping to my target so far of one per week, although my real goal is to have 100 by the end of the year, which is almost 2 per week.

No comments:

Daniel is now living in Santiago de Chile. You can find some more writing at I Love Chile

Recent Issues of Capital Eyes zine:

Issue 12- Sticky's Target 168: Russia
Issue 11- Yoko Oh No, Elysian
Issue 10- Break Even, Alexisonfire (reprints)
Issue 9- Jerkstore, Ruiner, To The North
Issue 8- 4 Dead, Dangers
Issue 7- Polar Bear Club, Jungle Fever